I have just one more sleep until the Nashville 1/2 Marathon. I was worried I wouldn’t have time to write before I left. Since the sleeping meds prescribed by the doctors are obviously not working, I will blog now, and nap later. I’m all packed mental and physically. The anxiety built up pretty good last night, but a walk with the girls sorted me out and I’m ready to Rock n’ Roll!
So what does one pack for a trip of this magnitude? I thought you might like to know what I’ve got going aside from underwear and socks. Here is what will be with me on race day.
Race day Checklist:
- One blue Tutu
- One Long Distance Hero team jersey
- One pair of Lime green compression sleeves
- One Bad Ass pair of Mizuno Elixir Running Shoes (oh yeah baby)
- One Team visor
- Two Silver Charms – Hope and Courage – I will literally carry them in my back pocket along with…
- One Irish Blessing
- One SuperSue Tatoo
- One iPhone to keep you all up to date and record this epic event in pictures
- One crazy cousin
- Lots of tissues
- All of your well wishes, hopes and prayers
The weather report for Nashville is low 60/ high 80, 20% chance of thunderstorms and very windy. The Irish Blessing given to me by my teammate says it all.
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand
My thoughts…God had better hold me in the palm of His hand especially on the hills…he got me into this!
Smiles for Miles – Sue